19 May 2016
Newsletter to Parliament - May 2016
It has been a busy start to the year for my office as no doubt it has been for you. We have been gainfully employed responding to various environmental policy proposals and Bills.
Below are the links to my submissions. If you wish to discuss any of these with me, please contact my office to set up a meeting.
- Submission on the proposal for a Marine Protected Areas Act.
- Submission on the Resource Legislation Amendment Bill.
- Submission on the discussion document ‘Next Steps for Fresh Water’.
- First submission on the review of the Emissions Trading Scheme.
- Second submission on the review of the Emissions Trading Scheme.
- Response to the Government’s proposal for simplifying and standardising the way 1080 and other poisons are used for controlling mammal pests.
Work is underway on my commentary on Environment Aotearoa 2015, the first ‘synthesis’ state of the environment report under the Environmental Reporting Act 2015. I plan to release this commentary report in June. The next report after this will be on my investigation into agricultural greenhouse gases.
Dr Jan Wright
Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment