Communications Advisor - Ref. 136554505/05/2023
• Permanent opportunity – 37.5 hours per week or part-time 4 days considered.
• Collegial and non-hierarchical team environment, flexible working on offer.
• Contribute to enhancing the environment through external communications and media relations.
This is a fantastic opportunity that will see you play a key role and take the lead on managing external communications, media relations as well as delivering on social media initiatives.
The organisation is focused on maintaining and improving the quality of our environment. They provide independent advice and influence key decisions so this is your chance to contribute to this important work.
What’s on offer
You will become a key team member working across the organisation of 22 staff to provide advice on stakeholder engagement, define key messages, provide clear and simple communication to external audiences and use the appropriate channels to do so.
The wider organisational team is made up of specialists who are passionate about what they do and collaborate effectively. You will also work closely with a colleague in the communications space.
• Prepare and distill content across a range of external communication channels including reports, letters, submissions, publications and social media.
• Interpret and translate complex or technical information into everyday language.
• Monitor daily news articles and social media to identify emerging issues of importance.
• Maintain positive working relationships with journalists and act as a conduit between your internal team and key media contacts.
• Provide timely and accurate responses to all media enquiries and proactively approach the media to promote the organisation’s work.
• Work with executives, staff, and subject matter experts to advise on external communications and build their communications capability around key messages and clarity.
• Develop and implement communications strategy alongside your team.
What you’ll offer
• Proven experience in an external communication role.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including strong editing and proofreading abilities.
• Possess excellent judgement.
• The ability to prioritise key projects and meet deadlines.
• Proven relationship management skills.
• A communications degree is desirable.
• An understanding of machinery of government advantageous.
This is a permanent position – we can consider 37.5 hours or part-time 4 days per week with flexible working options. You will have the chance to work for a meaningful organisation who are making a difference to the future of Aotearoa New Zealand. Be part of a collegial and non-hierarchical team environment.
If this sounds like you, please follow the link below, attaching your CV and a cover letter that explains why you are interested and what you offer this role. For a confidential chat contact Tracey on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021 022 32033.
Please apply for the role via Seek
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand permanently to apply for this job.